The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to criticism, whose laws and policies are open to debate and correction, and whose political institutions are open to the participation of all people. We seek to strengthen justice and the rule of law; broaden respect for human rights, including the rights of minorities; encourage pluralism and a robust diversity of opinion; deepen democratic practice and participation; expand economic equity; support effective governance; and invest in individuals, public and private organizations, and social movements that advance these goals.
We are a global network of foundations committed to local knowledge and national expertise. Our network includes national foundations, regional foundations, and other geographic programs operating in more than one hundred countries. At the same time, many programs with global reach operate from our four headquarters in Europe and the United States, including programs on digital information, documentary photography, drug policy, early childhood, education, fellowships, fiscal governance, higher education, human rights, international migration, justice, public health, scholarships, think tanks, and women’s rights. In addition to making grants to organizations and individuals, the Open Society Foundations engage in policy advocacy, legal advocacy and litigation, program-related investing, and public communications, as well as providing direct assistance to governments. Most programs and foundations in the network are governed or advised by their own boards.
The Senior Budget Analyst is a key non-supervisory programmatic role at the Open Society Foundations in the Budget Office. This role is responsible for contributing to the prudent deployment of the financial resources of OSF to achieve its strategic objectives. This is accomplished through collecting, organizing, analyzing, and communicating complex financial data, as well as improving on the processes and procedures that facilitate these activities. This role solves problems independently and collaboratively, while also working on special projects to assist the Associate Budget Director. This role is responsible for contributing to the overall goals of the Budget Department.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, analyzing, and modifying budgets and financial forecasts
- Providing advice and technical assistance in the preparation of annual budgets and budget modifications
- Effectively communicating, interacting, and collaborating with OSF staff
- Assist in implementing budget policies utilizing budgeting systems and procedures
- Monitor actual performance against budget, identify and analyze variations, and recommend approaches for addressing these variations
- Generate reports for OSF senior management and Global Board, assists the Associate Budget Director in ad hoc tasks as needed
- Providing guidance and training to OSF (non-finance) staff in their portfolio on OSF financial and budget policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in finance; understanding of accounting principles a plus
- Strong proficiency with using Excel for financial analysis and reporting
- Communication skills: able to explain financial information and terminology to people without financial backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in implementing process improvements and applying best practices
- Proven success at managing work flow, reviewing work and providing feedback, flexible; can switch between multiple tasks and reprioritize as necessary
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience/education;
- 4 -7 years of progressively responsible experience in a situation relevant to the duties of this role.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
Bitte in der Bewerbung auf Tea after Twelve verweisen.
Open Society Foundations
Open Society Foundations