ITU is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs. We allocate global radio spectrum and satellite orbits, develop the technical standards that ensure networks and technologies seamlessly interconnect, and strive to improve access to ICTs to underserved communities worldwide.
Title: Junior Professional Officer – in Human Resources
Unit: General Secretariat, Human Resources Management
Department / Human Resources Planning and Development Division
Organization: International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
Supervision: Head, Human Resources Planning and Development Service ITU Headquarter
Country and Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Duration of assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year. Please note that the extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance.
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
The JPO would be based in ITU HQ in Geneva, Switzerland, an international and exciting city that host more than 190 international organizations. Geneva host more than two thirds of all UN activities and is visited by nearly 3000 heads of states or similar officials every year. It is a great opportunity to be based at the heart of the diplomatic world, and meet people from across the globe.
Within the General Secretariat, the Human Resources Management Department (HRMD) advises the Secretary General on human resources management. It manages ITU's resources ensuring consistency with ITU strategies, policies, regulations and rules as well as UN Common System policies. It efficiently manages the human capital of the Union; creates a stimulating and supportive work environment and encourages organizational creativity and performance measurement based on results.
Duties, responsibilities and output expectations
Within the General Secretariat, in the Human Resources Management Department, under the supervision of the Head, Human Resources Planning and Development Service, the Junior Professional Officer in Human Resources will be responsible for the following duties:
a) IT/HR Development Skills:
- Provide support to the Head, HR Planning and Development in the implementation of the different ERP/HR interfaces related to learning, performance and staff development;
- Analyse the ERP/HR work methodology and draft work procedures for the delivered systems;
- Analyse the ERP/HR and SharePoint architecture and applications and how it is used for learning, staff development and performance management;
- Propose and efficiently implement improvements for ERP/HR and SharePoint site structure.
b) HR (learning, staff development and performance management) internal communication
- Develop creative and effective communication material to launch new HR projects and policies in the area of learning, staff development and performance management;
- Maintain and act on an internal communication plan for the HR Planning and Development service which includes dissemination of latest projects and policies, including an ITU learning catalogue, performance guidelines etc.;
- Ensure regular update of the HR SharePoint by collecting ideas and information from key HR stakeholders; and provide communication solutions which contribute to the success of the overall ITU HR Brand, particularly in the areas of learning and staff development;
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and experience required:
Master ?s degree in Business Administration, HR management or a related field.
At least two years of progressively responsible experience in HR project management and HR management processes.
Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage.
Core Competencies: Organizational Commitment; Results-Focused; Applying Expertise; Effective Communication; Teamwork and Collaboration; Learning and Knowledge Sharing.
Essential Functional Competencies: Planning and Organizing; Analysis, Judgement & Decision Making; Client and Service Orientation.
Essential Technical Competencies: Ability to develop innovative and creative communication solutions and to identify priority activities; Ability to adapt, show discretion and act courteously in all circumstances; Advanced Computer Skills; Good presentation skills, including production of brochures; electronic innovative communication solutions and ability to write reports.
Training and Learning Elements
The JPO will get a sound knowledge and understanding of HR in the United Nations, particularly in the areas of learning and development, performance management and workforce planning. The JPO will also get a practical experience of all facets of the HR procedures and the rules and regulations related to HR at ITU. Training opportunities both within and outside ITU will also be offered the JPO.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Fu?hrungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de, Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Please refer to Tea after Twelve in your application.