CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$100 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 6,300 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2017. This is in addition to the over 500 cities and 100 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
CDP Europe, one of the world’s leading climate change NGO’s, is seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP Europe’s corporate engagement team. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with global multinationals around the disclosure requirements of their strategies to mitigate climate change, improve water security and tackle deforestation. We seek staff motivated to work with people, nurture relationships, contribute to major income streams such as admin fee and sponsorships, and generate leads for our membership programs, as well as interested in efficient processes and the application of our questionnaires and scoring methodologies to corporate sustainability success.
The role includes
- Engaging directly with European companies to support their environmental management, CDP reporting, memberships and commitments;
- Supporting companies along their key disclosure & scoring requirements for CDPs climate change, water and forest programs;
- Manage and develop these relationships along the CDP journey to environmental leadership, following CDPs strategic priorities
- Ensuring high disclosure rates for all CDP programs and generate leads for our membership and commitment programs
- Input and co-organize technical events, in particular Spring Workshops; input into and support annual European Award Ceremony
- Take on specialisations i.e. for a sector or theme like water, internal process coordination, or report coordination
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have
- BA/BSc degree or similar;
- 1-2 years of work experience, preferable in the corporate or NGO world, with a focus on sustainability or business-related areas;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges;
- Enjoy working with people and large corporations for a good purpose, excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise and work calm under pressure;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Love for data and information and utilizing it to change the world;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Word, Power Point) and CRM systems;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the Corporate Engagement team and report to the Associate Director Regional Operations.
Interested candidates should submit their application documents (motivation letter addressed to David Lammers, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date) in English, as a single PDF and via email to email@example.com with “EO Europe – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Please refer to Tea after Twelve in your application.